Saturday 4 June 2016

SHU UEMURA BLANC:CHROMA BRIGHTENING UV CUSHION REVIEW


Today's post is about my new cushion from SHU UEMURA. I got mixed feeling about this cushion, but mostly good. The packaging of this cushion is so simple, just white plastic, clean look but doesn't feel cheap, it's weighted a little bit. It comes with a sponge, and this sponge is different with other cushion available in the market. The sponge is called brush sponge, and the way you apply the foundation into the skin using this cushion is better when you swipe the sponge across your face, and then using tapping motion if you want more coverage on certain area if needed.




This cushion is pricey. The case is about IDR 250.000 and the refill cost about IDR 500.000. So, for the initial purchase you need to spend about IDR 750.000 for the case and the refill. 


The shades available is very light, and probably won't suit darker skin tone. They only have likely 6 shades and I got mine in shade 764 Medium Light Beige. This cushion have SPF 50+ PA+++ and more likely have 13grams of foundation inside. 


SHU UEMURA BLANC:CHROMA BRIGHTENING UV CUSHION is designed in Japan, and made in Korea. Seems like every cushion in the market all of them are made in Korea.

The cushion itself is very different than other cushion. It have something like a net above the actual cushion, and trust me you do not need much with this product. This cushion gives you medium to full coverage, but if you use less, you'll get less coverage obviously. You can build this up to full and I am in love with the coverage. 



Unfortunately, this product doesn't hold my oil too much. I get oily after 4 hours, but my face still looks good after I blot. But at the other hand, this product doesn't claim for oil control. It claims for brightening, and yes it will gives you a fresh skin look everytime you use it.

The finish of this product more likely a natural finish, and more to dewy finish on my oily skin. This product also doesn't cling onto my dry patches and doesn't separate or look cakey at the end of the day. 

Conclusion 
What I love about this product :
+ The finish is natural and doesn't look cakey
+ Unique cushion and sponge
+ Medium and buildable coverage
+ Pretty long lasting 
+ Doesn't cling onto dry patches
+ It does as it claims to brighten your complexion

What I dislike :
- It is pricey
- The packaging doesn't give a "wow" factor
- Doesn't hold my oiliness

Overall, I like it because it's so easy to use and it gives me such a nice finish and coverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment